Certificate in Security Management
The current security problems faced by organizations and nations of the world are the new paradigm shift, which occurred globally in governments, tourist communities and the increasing need to protect life and property. Security within any business has a vital role to play in identifying areas where the business is at risk of loss. Security must provide a value-for-money service and fulfill specific objectives within a clearly defined guideline. Certificate security management practice equips individual with skills to match theory with practice to deal with security problems. All candidates must successfully complete the contents of the levels enrolled to achieve an award.
Who will benefit?
These security programs are designed for those who have interest in practical security management and who have security responsibility within their organization. These are also for other interested applicants who want to be equipped with skills to manage the security resource assigned to them.
Course session: Managing Security
- Basic security protective techniques
- Campus security
- Security data/report management, post logs and registers
- Fire appreciation and management (fire identification, detection, prevention and response)
- Philosophy of security policies, objectives and procedures
- Journey management systems, policies and procedures
- Physical protection systems/applications
- Corporate response to incidents: practical approach for emergency preparedness, crisis management and disaster recovery
- Access control design, techniques and implementation
- Site survey and effective reports
- Security investigations and reporting
- Security communication