Chartered Security Professional (ChSP)
This course has been developed to take security professionals beyond the assets protection credential to a high level of education and practice. This will enable you develop a comprehensive understanding of transnational risk, crime and security. This course is designed with academic and professional orientation to broaden your skills and knowledge in all aspect of crime risk management
The demands for training of public and private security professionals over the past 20 years to acquire high-level skills in risk management have increases in scope. Though, knowledge from traditional security such assets protection is still relevant, it is insufficient for security practitioners to understand the impact of international crime across borders. The breakup of the Soviet Union and the advents of the European Union have created several loosely uncontrolled borders from Europe to the Pacific that bring criminals from different places to converge and compete with legitimate businesses. In this perspective, security risk management is gradually extending to transnational crime risks located within the business environment. It is time for public and private policing to understand international crimes, security and business. This is where criminologists, sociologists, management theorists and governments must have to decide who should protect what, how, when and where? This course addresses new threats experienced by corporate organizations and governments for learners to be equipped with practical skills to counter these threats.
This course consists of eight (8) modules interlinked with one other for learners to examine the issues of international security, business and crime. The required duration for classroom study is (6) six months and 360 hours of online study upon submission of 3,000 words essay in addition to a 100 question text quiz. The pass grade is 60%, to receive the Chartered Security Professional (ChSP) Certificate accredited by the World Certification Institute Accreditation Board. The essay should demonstrate that the learner has examined the main points related to the question. Appreciate the theoretical issues underpinning the question; illustrate an adequate breadth and depth of knowledge; and cover the points necessary for a thorough examination of the question and referencing all works derived from literature sources.
Candidates applying for this course must have worked a least for five (5) years in any security organization with a degree from any recognized university. Security professionals with equivalent qualification may apply for course exemption if satisfactory requirements have been fulfilled.
Benefits of the course
- You will gain critical thinking, blend with academic and professional skills to counter new threats and response to crisis if it does arise.
- Advance your career to Master degree level in Terrorism and Security Studies with our partner Universities in UK and USA.
- Become an identified practitioner or consultant.
- Work in foreign companies, international NGOs, external relations services, law enforcement agencies, military, World Bank, United Nations and elsewhere to provide advice on security best practices.
- Understand and participate in international security debates and policy making to influence security decisions.
- Understand the position of security manager as a leader and motivator by integrating the security manager’s functions into the organizational goals.